Allergy season is upon us, and with that increase in allergies come an increase in pests. People often when experiencing allergies put the blame solely on the great outdoors when it is is not the only culprit. Household pests such as cockroaches, rodents, and dust mites, have been documented in the past to cause severe allergies, especially in younger children. Follow these simple tips to help you fight indoor allergens caused by pest like cockroaches, rodents, and dust mites.
- Keep a Clean Kitchen – Making sure your kitchen stays clean daily can be a real difference maker in combating allergens in general, not only those made by pests. Cockroaches rely on you dropping food, so keeping a clean kitchen or home will be essential to keeping pests out this year.
- Vacuum Often – Dust is one of the biggest causes of allergies in humans; in the U.S. alone 20 million Americans have a dust mite allergy. Dust mites feed off old human skin, or animal dander so vacuuming often will help prevent dust mite allergens.
- Wash Cloths Frequently – Dust mites though most commonly found in the bed are also commonly found in clothing. Make sure you wash your cloths, and bedding frequently. If you still have allergy problems consider encasing pillows, and mattress in allergen proof covers.
- Minimize Moisture – Dust mites love moisture and so do many other pest species for that matter, so minimizing the amount of moisture in and around your home can be critical. If your house is very humid (above <50%) you should run a dehumidifier to prevent moisture buildups. This will make sure your home is not an ideal place for pest and their allergens.
- Seal Cracks – Rodents and Cockroaches can squeeze through very small cracks in your home infesting your property. Sealing these cracks or points of entry can really help prevent household allergens caused by pest like cockroaches and rodents. One of the best ways to seal things around your home is with a silicon based caulk easily found at your local hardware store.
If you or anyone you know is dealing with allergies or asthma attacks, and find evidence pests are to blame contact a licensed pest professional like Johnny B’s Pest Control immediately. We will work with you ,and eliminate your pest problem from your residence or business. At Johnny B’s Pest Control we have been serving the greater Boston area for over 30 years. We are family owned and operated, and can handle and pest control problem you may have. Contact Johnny B’s Pest Control today and stop dealing with pest!
Stay up to date with Johnny B’s Social Media Pages!