The National Pest Management Association reports that 76% of all pest control professionals say that bed bugs are the most difficult pest to treat. Bed bugs are a huge hassle to deal with, and can spread easily and fast from room to room. The NPMA reports that a survey found that 52% of pest management companies treated bed bugs in rural areas compared to 71% in urban areas, and finally 80% in suburban areas. You can tell from these numbers that bed bugs are a nationwide problem, and it doesn’t matter where your live you might be effected by bed bugs. Use these 6 tips developed by the NPMA to help educate yourself on useful techniques to help deal with, or prevent a bed bug infestation.
- Vacuum suitcases after returning from a vacation to avoid bringing in bed bugs into the home.
- Make sure to check your sheets nightly if you suspect a bedbug infestation for telltale blood spots.
- Seal your suitcase in a large plastic trash bag to keep it safe during hotel stays.
- Have a small flashlight nearby so that you are able to spot anything suspicious quickly if you suspect a bed bug infestation.
- Do Not bring second-hand furniture especially mattresses, or box springs into a home without inspecting them thoroughly. You want to examine all second-hand furniture extremely well before bringing it into your home or you could bring an infestation right in.
- Look out or inspect areas where pests sleep for signs of bed bugs. These areas include all areas around the bed including nightstands, and box springs, but bed bugs can be anywhere humans frequent.
- Bed Bugs are very sneaky creatures so it’s very important that if you suspect you have a bed bug problem to contact a licensed pest control professional to handle it. Even if you are not sure and you see some warning signs it’s always better to be sure than to have a huge infestation happen later.
Bed Bugs and other pest are disgusting and can become real problems for anyone that has to deal with them. If you or someone you know is dealing with pest in the greater Boston area call Johnny B’s Pest Control today. Our team of licensed pest control professionals can handle any pest problem in the great Boston area no matter if its Bed Bugs, Termites, Roaches, Bees, Rodents, or anything between. Contact us today and see just how Johnny B’s Pest Control can protect your home or business from pests.
Stay up to date with Johnny B’s Social Media Pages!