Bed Bugs are gross and disgusting pest we all know that, but here at Johnny B’s we have complied a list of 6 uncommon bed bug facts. Read over these 6 different bed bug facts to get a better understanding of bed bug behavior, and how you can better protect yourself from these disgusting pests.
- Bed bugs are able to survive almost anywhere – People think of bed bugs only living in beds that’s not the case bed bugs are able to survive almost anywhere. They can be found anywhere that humans so as well so no area should be thought of as safe from bed bugs. Some common places bed bugs are found other than the bed are school, buses, trains, movie theaters, malls and many more.
- Bed Bugs not only in cities – As we mentioned earlier bed bugs can be found almost anywhere and that includes rural areas. Bed bugs are found in all 50 states and can become a problem anywhere they exist. The fact remains though that bed bug incidents are 3 times more likely to happen in a city but this does not mean your safe in a rural area.
- Bed Bugs are Survivors – Bed bugs are able to live several months without a meal this means they can survive in areas without lots of human activity. Bed Bugs also can survive temperatures that are nearly freezing all the way up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bed Bugs are elusive – They have a strong survival instinct and will hide from humans or their prey all day until the perfect time to feed on them. They have been known to hid in mattress crevices, box springs, baseboards, and even in picture frames. Bed Bugs use the carbon dioxide we emit to draw them out of their hiding spots to feed on us.
- Bed Bugs have feeding patterns – Bed Bugs follow feeding patterns most commonly they will feed 5 to 10 minutes on a host until repletion. They feed multiple times during the day like this sometimes people refer to it as breakfast, lunch, and dinner feeding.
- Bed Bugs use anesthesiology – People always wonder why they don’t wake up from being bit by bed bugs and that is because of a chemical in bed bug saliva. The bed bugs saliva acts as a anesthetic and increases blood flow allowing the bed bugs to feed unbothered and more efficiently.
If you or someone you know is dealing with bed bugs or any other pests contact Johnny B’s Pest Control today and let us take it from there. At Johnny B’s we have been eliminating pest in the greater Boston area for 30 years! See why so many in the greater Boston area choose Johnny B’s Pest Control when they need pest help!
Stay up to date with Johnny B’s Social Media Pages!