Here at Johnny B’s Pest Control were all about protecting your home or business from pests. That is why if you ever are dealing with a pest problem in the greater Boston area like bed bugs contact Johnny B’s now! We crated this blog to help our customers to Stop Pests This Winter, So follow these easy steps to protect you and your business from pests this winter!
- Seal cracks and crevices: Seal all visible cracks and crevices to keep stingers from moving indoors, and regularly inspect around the house’s perimeter for nests.
- Keep food covered: During a picnic or cookout, cover all food when outside and be sure to keep tight fitting lids on trash bins.
- Drink out of clear containers: Stinging insects can sneak into cans unnoticed, so it’s important to be able to see that a liquid is pest-free when drinking it.
- Avoid excessive use of fragrances: If spending long periods of time outdoors, skip the perfume or cologne, as yellowjackets and other stinging insects are attracted to sweet-smelling fragrances. When possible, choose unscented shampoos, soaps, lotions and sunscreen.
- Adjust wardrobe: Avoid wearing dark colors and floral prints, as these patterns can attract stinging insects. Wear closed-toe shoes, especially in grassy areas where hornets and other pests often nest.
- Remain calm, cool and collected: Do not swat at stingers or flail in a panic—these movements may actually provoke an attack. Instead, remain calm and slowly walk away from the area. The insect should fly away without causing any harm.
If you or someone you know is dealing with pests contact Johnny B’s Pest Control today and let us take it from there. At Johnny B’s we have been eliminating pest in the greater Boston area for 30 years! See why so many in the greater Boston area choose Johnny B’s Pest Control when they need pest help!