The most common signs of bed bugs are:
- Bites: Bed bug bites are usually itchy and can appear clustered or lined up in rough rows.
- Blood spots: Bed bugs defecate after feeding, and this blood can stain sheets and mattresses.
- Eggs and eggshells: Bed bugs lay eggs that are pale yellow and oval in shape. These can be found on bedding, furniture, and other surfaces.
- Exoskeletons: Bed bugs shed their exoskeletons as they grow. These can be found on bedding, furniture, and other surfaces.
- Musty odor: Bed bugs produce a musty odor that can be detected in infested areas.
If you suspect you have bed bugs, it is important to contact a professional pest control company to confirm the infestation and to recommend treatment options.